MUSCULOSKELETAL DISORDERS / RHEUMATOLOGY
At the Specialist St. Georg Clinic we treat degenerative and rheumatic diseases, such as arthroses, spine conditions and intervertebral disc disease as well as neuralgia. Our therapy concept in the fields of orthopaedics and rheumatology essentially involves physical therapy combined with therapeutic exercise and kinesiology. The treatment is based on a comprehensive diagnostic assessment and the evaluation of the individual physical capacity.
Problems of the musculoskeletal system gain more and more importance with increasing life expectancy. Physical, psychological and social impairments are the result. Also in the accompaniment of other diseases such as the lungs or as a concomitant problem with malignant diseases, they are a major reason for impairments in everyday life and at work. Inflammatory rheumatic diseases can occur at any age. They also lead to a particular extent to a deterioration in the quality of life.
In addition to the co-treatment of musculoskeletal problems as concomitant diseases of our main indications, we also offer rehabilitation after operations on the spine, as well as after medical procedures on the extremities (arms and legs).
It is an essential goal of rehabilitation to improve physical and mental well-being, as well as to restore independence and social activity. For this reason, measures of physical medicine, movement therapy has always been an essential part of a holistic treatment concept, as the employees of the St. Georg Clinic strive for each individual case.
Optimal mobilization, freedom from pain, strengthening of self-healing powers are used to ultimately increase social activities. It is necessary to respond to the individual situation and personality of each individual patient. The therapeutic goal is served by both active and passive measures, which are certainly exhausting, but must complement each other in a meaningful way. Thus, we strive to achieve these goals by :
- physical strength, improvement of flexibility, dexterity and stamina
- a targeted and differentiated physiotherapy also in the exercise pool under therapeutic guidance
- developing home-based exercise programs
- a mediation of positive body experiences
- Imparting opportunities for self-help
- Our large, friendly and modern therapy rooms and therapy equipment support pleasantly our intended treatment effect
- Knee prosthesis (total knee replacement)
- Hip prosthesis (total hip replacement)
- Intervertebral disc diseases
Our therapies are aimed at relieving pain, reducing impairments, preventing disabilities and improving mobility.
- Medical training therapy (supervised exercise and physical activity)
- Therapeutic exercise with machines; alone or in the group (arranged according to the functional impairment)
- Back training
- Sling suspension therapy
- Manual therapy (chiropractic treatment)
- Pain relief therapy
- Thermotherapy / Cryotherapy
- Regulative biotone therapy
- Craniosacral therapy